Monday, January 31, 2011

Brain Dump

Today is (and feels like) Monday. I finished work day 8 of 12, and I'm starting to feel it. The gym was completely crowded when I went at 4:30pm. Gas stations were running out of gasoline as people were preparing for Blizzard 2011. We are officially in a BLIZZARD WARNING! Saturday was an absolutely beautiful day! The temperature actually reached 75 degrees! Today? It's 28 degrees and dropping.  I can feel it getting colder in my house. These next few days are not going to be fun for travelers.

1. I am NOT looking forward to Snowmageddon. We were doing so well this year without any bad weather. Now it appears we are going to receive 6-12 inches of snow with 4 foot drifts. Crazy!

2. The fortune cookie I received last night said, "You will become more passionate and determined about your vision." This is really interesting because at work this past weekend, I was talking with my friend about being impressed with people who have a passion for something. It may be cooking, astronomy, music, biblical history, sports, or anything else. Whatever it is, I think it's fantastic listening to people discuss their passion. I'm praying that God will open my eyes to what HIS will for me is so I can make that my vision. Then I want to pursue it passionately.

3. My Bible In a Year Plan is going well. I just finished reading about Joseph making himself known to his brothers. It's interesting reading the stories I haven't heard in a long time. I'm so glad I decided to do this!

4. I purchased a new flavor of protein powder: Banana Cream. It SMELLS like banana pudding; I wonder if it TASTES like banana pudding. Time will tell. I was needing a new flavor in my life; chocolate and cookies-n-cream were getting pretty old.

5. If you aren't reading Jon Acuff's blog (or tweets or fb), you are definitely missing out on hilariousness! He CRACKS. ME. UP! Seriously, he should hire me as his publicist. I have mentioned him in conversation daily for the last few weeks.

6. I hope Green Bay wins the Super Bowl. I seriously don't want to see the Steelers win the Super Bowl in Cowboys Stadium. That would be TERRIBLE! I'm hoping next football season will be kinder to my Cowboys. This year was U-G-L-Y!

7. I bought a new organizational planner a few days ago. Let's just say, I am DEFINITELY creating my own. I found a few planners with sections I like, so I need to tweak them and get my own made. It makes me laugh how many different planners are available, yet they are all basically the same.

8. I have been craving cheese, milk, and Coca-Cola lately. What's the deal? How do I make the cravings stop for these three marvelous items?

9. I am very disappointed I haven't been able to blog daily. I am going to spend the rest of the evening deciding what I'm going to post. I have some great ideas for posts and I can't wait to share them with you!

10. I didn't go to the gym all weekend, and I felt like a slacker. I'm really supposed to minimize my workouts this whole week. Thankfully, the weather will help with making that happen.

Now is a great time to curl up with a blanket, have your pet(s) by your side, and enjoy time at home.

Be safe and stay warm these next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment