Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Motivation, Where Are You?

Why is it the more I want something, the more I seem to struggle?

I've been eating healthy and going to the gym almost every day of the week. I have made working out my number one priority. I've been completely and totally into health. I actually LOST weight during the Christmas season!

After Christmas, my motivation disappeared. While I've still been going to the gym daily and meeting with my trainer three times a week, I have been eating out almost every night. I'm back to drinking Coca-Cola on an almost daily basis. I'm fortunate I'm still losing weight, even with the setbacks.

Where did my motivation go? One minute, I'm feeling as though I am going to conquer the world; the next moment, I am whining non-stop to my trainer, and I have no drive to push myself further during my workouts.

Recently, several people have commented on my change in appearance. I even had people tell me they were INSPIRED by me! Wow! What a huge compliment! Now that people consider me an inspiration, I definitely want to give my fitness and health 110% effort. People depend on me now. There is no room for failure.

My trainer recommended I basically take next week off from the gym. Here's what I heard in that conversation: "..... time off..... 20 min of cardio ONLY..... only cardio on days I train with him..... maybe just train once next week ......"

I have to admit, when he mentioned this at the end of our workout session today, I felt unsettled. What does this mean, exactly? Will this really help with my motivation? Has he finally had enough of me?

I realize I have lost some weight. I know I am stronger now than I was. But I have so much more work to do before I reach my goal. I greatly desire to be physically fit and healthy. I know everything I have to gain from working out, pushing myself at the gym, and eating healthy.

What will it take to jump-start the motivation again?

No comments:

Post a Comment