Monday, January 3, 2011

What's in a Name?

Apparently, names are a big deal, as I spent months trying to come up with my blog name. Will I still like this name later on down the road? Is it catchy and easy to remember? What first impression will it give? Will it be descriptive of me?

I searched everywhere for blog name ideas. Music titles and lyrics, books, google... you name it. Some of my favorite blog names were ones that were short, sweet, and catchy. How was I ever going to narrow down my options?

One evening, I was talking with mom about what to name my blog. I mentioned some of the names of my favorite blogs I read and why I liked them. Because my nickname is Shep, I wanted to somehow incorporate that into the title. I then started thinking of adjectives and adverbs that started with "S" that would be descriptive of me and would give me a catchy blog name. One of the words was "simply."

Simply Shep.

I liked the way that sounded. It really seemed to describe what my blog content will be. This is a name I could use for a long time if I wanted. It is very catchy, easy to remember, and easy to spell. When someone types simply shep into the address bar, they will know that this blog is all about the world through my eyes. It is descriptive of me!

Simply Shep.

Yep. That's it! That's my name!

If I have this much trouble coming up with a blog name, how in the world am I ever going to come up with names for children?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment