Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Music Me

I love music!

Whether it's Christian or Country, Rock or Alternative, Christmas, Punk... I love it!

It's amazing how much money I've spent on music. Thankfully (or tragically) iTunes wasn't around when I was in junior high or high school; otherwise, I would have spent all my money there. I have over 200 songs in my wish list on iTunes right now! It's crazy! That is not including full albums I want, nor does it include many other songs I have been wanting to check out over the last month. As I've mentioned before, there is not enough time in my day to devote to music-listening.

Because Tuesdays are when new music hits the stores, I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite songs at the moment. Hope you like!

  • Chris Tomlin - And If Our God Is For Us (This song reminds me of just how powerful our God really is. Great song!!)

  • Taylor Swift - Speak Now, Dear John, Last Kiss (her new album is definitely one to purchase. While the songs aren't as pop-ish as her previous albums, she definitely created some songs with more intense lyrics. It's a more "grown-up" album.)

  • Red - Death of Me (great workout song! I'm super pumped Red will be at WinterJam!)

  • David Crowder Band - How He Loves (This song rocks my world! When the bridge plays, I turn the music up really loudly and I. Rock. Out! I probably look like a crazy person as I'm driving down the road, singing at the top of my lungs and flailing my arms around as though I'm a guitarist, drummer, and worshipper...all at the same time. Awesome!)

  • The Classic Crime - Salt In the Snow (great lyrics!)

  • Jason Aldean - Heartache That Don't Stop Hurting (I really like Jason Aldean's music.)

  • The Harters - I Run

  • Train - Marry Me (The older I get, the more I'm becoming a hopeless romantic.)

  • Joshua Radin - You Got What I Need (very nice sound)

  • 30 Seconds to Mars - The Kill (great workout song! I love music like this, where some parts are quieter and the chorus and bridge get loud. Dynamics (piannissimo and fortissimo) make music more passionate. Love it!)

  • Brad Paisley - Any song he sings makes me happy! I can't get enough of his music! I heart you, Brad Paisley!

  • Sent by Ravens - A New Fire, Salt and the Light (new Christian band. Really like their music!)

  • Skillet - Hero, Awake and Alive, Forsaken, Savior, Whispers In the Dark (great workout music!)

  • Sick Puppies - Maybe (This song is about change. Good stuff!)

  • Go Radio - Goodnight Moon (This is my trainer's fault. He introduced me to some new bands, and this is one of them. When I first heard this song, I wasn't really into it; now it is played on a regular basis.)

  • Casting Crowns - To Know You (I would love to break this song down by where the verses are found. Awesome lyrics!)

  • Bent Tree Bible Fellowship - Stand Amazed (By far my favorite version of Amazing Grace.)


Right now, I am needing to update my playlists. I have heard the same songs over and over so many times I am about to go crazy. I always have to prepare myself before diving into iTunes. Once I start purchasing music, I usually don't stop until all my money from my gift card is used.

All I can think about as I'm checking out music to purchase is, "What will it sound like as I'm driving in my vehicle?" Listening to music while I'm driving is so exhilarating! I really can't explain just how much I enjoy it. It's similar to reading a book and getting caught up in the characters and the storyline. The amazing part of music is that it relates to me personally as opposed to fictional characters, and each song can evoke completely different thoughts and feelings.

This is just a small glimpse into my world of music. I have tons more songs I listen to which deserve to be mentioned here, but this list will have to do for now. Perhaps I will get creative and build a playlist for you to see which will be updated weekly. That's my plan, anyway!

What are your recommendations for music? Anything that's drive-worthy?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment