Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chug It!

That's the chant I hear as I prepare my protein shake. I take my colorful Blender bottle, pour cold water into it, add a scoop (or two) of protein powder, and shake it until it (sorta) dissolves. I then add tons of ice. (The colder the protein shake, the easier it is to chew, er...swallow.) I let it sit for a few minutes so it gets as cold as possible. After a few minutes pass, I hear the chant.

Chug it! Chug it! Chug it!

I can hear the clumps of protein powder calling out the chant with exuberance as though I am competing for the gold. This is now a competition I HAVE to win. Defeat is not an option. My muscles begin tensing as the event looms on the horizon. I take several deep breaths as the anticipation builds.

Chug it! Chug it! Chug it!

My heart begins to beat faster. Beads of sweat start to form on my forehead. My hands and knees begin to quiver as nervousness takes hold. What if I don't win? What if I can't finish the race? The torment is almost unbearable.

I take another deep breath.

"You got this. You are an unstoppable force!" I tell myself as I quickly stretch my arms and pop my neck. "I'm so going to win! Bring it!"

It's finally game time and I can't take it anymore. I reach out and wrap my trembling hand around the Blender bottle.

Chug it! Chug it! Chug it!

There's the chanting again. The protein powder is taunting me with its relentless cry. I give the bottle one last shake and then open the lid. I ever so slowly put the bottle up to my mouth. I start to chug it.

I chug half the bottle and then stop. It's time to catch my breath. Because the adrenaline is going at full throttle, I have to continue the race; otherwise, I will surely fall to defeat. I hurriedly grab hold of the bottle again and I chug until the last sip is gone.

I WIN! I am on top of the world! You can't beat me, protein shake! I can bring it All. Day. Long! I ROCK!

After a few moments of celebrating my win with a victory dance, I smile and walk away with my head held high. I am the triumphant one!

Until we compete again, protein shake... just remember one thing: I always win. Always!

Shep  1           protein shake  0

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment