Wednesday, January 5, 2011

FITastic

Thump. Thump. Drip. Drip.

What is that, you ask? It was the sound of my heart beating rapidly and sweat dripping from my face (and hair) as I finished my workout this morning.

I started this FITastic adventure a few months ago. On Saturday, August 14, 2010,  I decided I was tired of not living a healthy lifestyle, so I called up the gym where I had a membership (but never used) and requested a personal trainer. They asked me several questions about what type of trainer I wanted. At the end of the conversation, I was told I would receive a phone call the first part of next week from a trainer to set up a training session. Not 30 min. later, my phone rang. It was a trainer! We set up our first training session for Tuesday, August 17th, and I was ready to begin!

I guess I wasn't as ready to begin as I initially thought because I didn't make a full commitment to working out, cardio, or dieting. Because of my lack of commitment, I saw no results.

On October 9, 2010, I officially made the commitment to my trainer (most importantly), my workouts, my cardio, and my diet. Since that time, I have lost weight and gained muscle strength. I feel so much better! My knees don't hurt, I have tons more energy, and I made it up six flights (six!!) of stairs without feeling like I was going to tackle a COPD patient for his oxygen mask.

This category is all about my fitness adventures. My hope is that it will make you laugh (trust me, there is never a dull moment when I train with my personal trainer) and inspire you to achieve a healthy lifestyle. My goal is to blog about my (mis)adventures at the gym, provide tips and recipes for a healthier diet, give training tips and advice that I've learned either from my trainer or from personal experience, and provide inspiration for healthy living!

Bring it on, Trainer! I can handle anything! (except jumping jacks...as we've already established)

And the FITastic adventure continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment